martes, 8 de septiembre de 2026

Rust

 






Rust


I caught the tail end of the steam-train era

And I looked at the last workhorses on the street

With this weird mix of pity and pure disgust

Watching their legs shake, dead on their feet


Honestly, I'm used to seeing it by now

The same old tired, worn-out display

Yesterday’s power sitting on the throne

Just getting tossed right out of the way


For something that smells fresh and clean

Slicker, sharper, way more intense

So much faster, hitting every beat

Running circles around what used to make sense


So when the machines started taking our spots

And kicking the crew right out the door

I started picking up on this layer of rust

That I swear I’d never seen before

On all our sweaty, reeking skin

Our clumsy, heavy, dragging pace

All that weakness catching up to us

Bitterly booted out of the race


Just like an old rusty train left to rot

Parked on some tracks that time forgot

Dead and buried under memories and dust

Or maybe just sleeping, dreaming of us


Now I always flash a big fake smile

At the cute little bot checking passes at the door

She knows every single penny I make

And probably a whole lot more


"Everything good?"

She asks on the fly

"Yeah, all good," I lie

And we both smile back, passing by



Li Tao Po

VABM Sep/8/2026

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/09/08/rust/

PDF

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/09/rust.pdf

mp3

https://tinyurl.com/RustVB

From la rocola riista  

https://tinyurl.com/rocola-riista

https://bit.ly/rocola-riista

Play list in YouTube Music 

https://tinyurl.com/riistas-YouTube-music

In YouTube

https://youtu.be/521lOyb1NW8?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/@riistas

Suscripción

https://youtube.com/@riistas/community?si=YbU8Mkoq_bzG6wo2


Ten songs of Industrial Rock

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/07/31/ten-songs-of-industrial-rock/

PDF

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/tensongsofindustrialrock-1.pdf


Canciones de amor

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/08/11/canciones-de-amor/

PDF 

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/cancionesdeamorvf.pdf




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario