domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

The victory of nobody knows





The victory of nobody knows


I’m living in a town
Where people grow
In their gardens
Palm and mango trees


Side by side
Failsafe
Thinking about
The parrots comfort

I’m speaking a language
Where “to believe”
And “to create”
Sometimes is the same word
May God be with us!


I’m drinking rum
Above a home
Beside a mountain
Where THE ocean 
Is three mountains before 


But where
If you pay enough attention
To the signs and the smell on the air
You can have a presentiment of God


The town is called 
“The victory”
¿Of whose?
Nobody knows


I’m thinking about
How people can grow
60 feet mangoes trees
Merely to enjoy bird’s morning calls


I’m swimming inside
A blood & time stream
That hopefully will last
Until the next step of life’s fractals


I’m thinking 
That may be
That’s the victory
The town’s name 
Is due for


Because this people
Have a freedom’s joy
I’ve never found before


VABM October 22, 2010