miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2026

Riding a Greyhound

 





Riding a Greyhound


One long day, one endless night

Across East Texas in the fade of light

An old cowboy saw the truth real clear

Washed away his old regret and fear


Money ain’t happiness, it’s just comfort on the line

Like flying in a private jet to save a little time

So put it on paper, write a gray poem down

A gray song rolling through a gray rainy town

Yeah, riding on a Greyhound!


Now he’s got money, ain’t a millionaire

He could charter up a jet through the open air

If he needed to, if he wanted to fly

He’d leave the runway and take to the sky


Money ain’t happiness, it’s just comfort on the line

Like flying in a private jet to save a little time

So put it on paper, write a gray poem down

A gray song rolling through a gray rainy town

Yeah, riding on a Greyhound!


“Old-time guys could close their eyes

Take a nap on horseback under Texas skies…

I’m afraid I can’t,” he turned and said to me

“I take the bus instead to keep my conscience free

I could lease a jet, but the worry and the creep

Of all that heavy tension wouldn’t let me sleep.”


Money ain’t happiness, it’s just comfort on the line

Like flying in a private jet to save a little time

So put it on paper, write a gray poem down

A gray song rolling through a gray rainy town

Yeah, riding on a Greyhound!


Boringly passing by the side…

Most inspiring view on a long highway ride…

Before I take a nap…



Li Tao Po & Gemini 

VABM Sep/30/2026

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/09/30/riding-a-greyhound/

PDF

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/09/ridingagreyhound.pdf

mp3

https://tinyurl.com/Riding-a-Greyhound

Desde la rocola riista  

https://tinyurl.com/rocola-riista

https://bit.ly/rocola-riista

Play list in YouTube Music 

https://tinyurl.com/riistas-YouTube-music

In YouTube

https://youtu.be/u8i_lE1gDgI?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/@riistas

Suscripción

https://youtube.com/@riistas/community?si=YbU8Mkoq_bzG6wo2


Ten songs of Industrial Rock

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/07/31/ten-songs-of-industrial-rock/

PDF

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/tensongsofindustrialrock-1.pdf


Canciones de amor

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/2026/08/11/canciones-de-amor/

PDF 

https://riistas2.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/cancionesdeamorvf.pdf





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario